STEAM TEAM Volunteer Program
ATTENTION all Teachers, Parents and Teens!
AMOS introduces our new teen volunteer program… where teens are STEAM teaching assistants!
Teens will put their STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) skills to use by building skills and gain informal classroom experience while working with area students.
- Gain informal classroom teaching experience
- Have the developmental experience of working with children
- Meet other teens who share similar interests in STEAM
- Make connections in the community via AMOS
- Develop skills in teamwork, collaboration, leadership, time management and communication
- Gain exposure and experience in exhibit design and non-profit museum operations
- Perform work of value to the community
- Obtain references and mentors
- Receive a discount on items in the museum store
- Verification of volunteered hours for use on resume and/or job applications
- Become eligible, after 4 volunteer hours, to apply for an AMOS internship. Internships require a minimum amount of hours and may be applied to a school credit program, where applicable.
- Be enthusiastic about STEAM (whether a particular subject or an overall interest in Science)
- Enjoy working with children
- Must be reliable- consistent attendance is required for scheduled hours
- Ability to listen to instructions and stay focused on responsibilities
- Maintain a positive and “Can Do!” attitude even during stressful conditions
- Submit application, including a required letter of reference and the below parental consent form
- Schedule and complete an interview with a member of the AMOS staff
- If selected as a participant in the program, attend an orientation and commit to a schedule
For further inquires email: firstname.lastname@example.org