STEAM TEAM Volunteer Program
Teachers, Parents, and Teens!
AMOS introduces our new teen volunteer program, where teens are STEAM teaching assistants!
Teens will put their STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) skills to use, build skills, and gain informal classroom experience while working with area students.
- Gain informal classroom teaching experience
- Get experience working with children
- Meet other teens who share similar interests in STEAM
- Make connections in the community and at AMOS
- Develop skills in teamwork, collaboration, leadership, time management, and communication
- Gain exposure and experience in exhibit design and work and non-profit and museum operations
- Perform work of value to the community
- Gain references and mentors
- Get a discount on items in the museum store
- Verification of volunteered hours, for use on resume or applications.
- Become eligible, after 20 volunteer hours, to apply for our Teen Leadership program for AMOS’s upcoming Teen Science Cafe program. This program will kick off in the fall of 2019. Log your hours before the application process opens! (Learn More Here)
- Become eligible, after 4 volunteer hours, to apply for an AMOS internship. Internships require a minimum amount of hours and may be applied to a school credit program, where applicable.
- Morning School Group Assistants (9:30am – 12:30pm, or portion of)
- Afterschool Program Assistants (3:30pm-5:30pm)
- STEM Lab Program Assistant (2 hour shift during open hours)
- Summer Camp Assistant (Half day or Full day, At UNCA or at AMOS)
- Weekday Exhibit Floor Activity Assistant (times flexible, during open hours)
- Be enthusiastic about STEAM and working with children
- Reliable and consistent attendance to your scheduled hours
- Ability to listen to instructions and stay focused on responsibilities
- Submit below application, including a required letter of reference, and the below parental consent form
- Schedule/complete an interview with AMOS staff
- If selected as a participant in the program, attend an orientation and commit to a schedule
Questions can be sent to email@example.com