AMOS Science Birthday Parties
Have your next Birthday Party at the Asheville Museum of Science!
Ideal for children ages 3-9, our science themed birthday parties include 30-45 minutes of educator-led learning & fun, as well as all day admission for up to 25 kids & their parents (50 people max). We can provide games or you can add your own! After guided activities, the STEM Lab is then free for food, presents, family activities, etc.
AMOS hosts birthday parties on Saturdays & Sundays only. Availability may be limited by STEM lab programming.
Available Science Themes:
- For ages 5 and under we offer Astronauts (learn about the moon), Chemists (foam art), Geologists (chalk making), and Paleontologists (design-a-dino). All programs for under 5 include 30 minutes of educator led time, with extra time to play in the exhibit hall during the party.
- For ages 5 and up we offer Astronauts (learn about constellations), Geologists (chalk making), Paleontologists (fossil cast making), Chemists (slime), and Physicists (spinner/top making). All programs for 5 and up include 40-45 minutes of educator led time: the themed activity and a related game (if time allows).
AMOS birthday parties are $275. There is a $25 discount for AMOS Members!
Your Birthday Party Fee Includes:
- Two hour STEM classroom rental, which includes 30 minutes prior to start time for classroom set-up and guest arrival. There is an additional 15 min. for guest clean-up to prepare the classroom for afternoon programming or museum closing.
- Admissions to the museum for up to 25 children and their parents/guardians, not to exceed 50 total guests.
- 30-45 minutes of AMOS Educator-led activities
- Tables & chairs set up
Your reservation does not include plates, cups or cutlery. Please plan accordingly.
To Schedule A Birthday Party:
- Please reserve your spot 2 weeks in advance.
- Please fill out our birthday party interest form.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
- A full refund will be issued if cancellation is made 2 weeks prior to the scheduled event
- 50% refunds will be given for cancellations less than two weeks out
- For inclement weather, rescheduling is an option
- Cancellations: call (828) 254-7162. Please call during business hours Mon-Sat (10am-5pm) as a voicemail does not confirm a cancellation.
- The museum does not have private or dedicated parking. There are two city garages nearby, Rankin Street and the Civic Center garage. Parking is free on Sundays.
Unaccompanied Child Form
If parents of children attending the birthday party are not staying in the Museum for the party, we will have them fill out a form in order to leave the child under the care of the host family while at the Museum (with 2 contact phone numbers, in case of emergency, allergies, etc. – basically an edited part of the camp form). Staff will ensure that children are accounted for by gathering these forms, and signing children out at the end of the party. If children arrive with adults other than their parents, they would also have to fill out the form before leaving the premises. All children must have a parent or guardian assigned to to pick them up or take them home at the end of the party. After a child is signed-out, families are welcome to stay and play.