Volunteer & Internship Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in supporting AMOS with your time! During these universally challenging times support from volunteers and interns is critical. If you have any interest in learning more please fill out our volunteer application and we will be in touch!
AMOS Tabling at Beer City Comic Con
- Support our Education team with STEAM tabling activities & discussion; engaging with guests headed into the convention.
- Harrah’s Cherokee Center, 87 Haywood St. Asheville, NC 28801
- Saturday, Sept. 30, 2023
- 10:30am – 2:30pm
- 2:30pm – 6:30pm
- Flexible shift times available
- Friday & Sunday support welcome, but currently we have less coverage on Saturday.
Regular Volunteer Opportunities
- Education Team Support, regularly scheduled and as needed
- Support our Education team with camps & field trips at AMOS or educational programs out in the community
- Primarily weekdays
- Exhibit Cleaning, Development, and Maintenance, regularly scheduled
- Behind the scenes, our hands-on exhibits and STEM lab activities require constant care and cleaning
- This is a great opportunity if you are interested in general operations of a small hands-on museum, especially as we expand our space in the coming months
- Primarily Tuesdays & Sundays
- Exhibit/Guest Engagement, regularly scheduled
- Docents bring a whole new level of guest engagement with our exhibits and activities
- Primarily weekends with increased need surrounding the holiday rush
- Marketing/Social Media Support, regularly scheduled and as needed
- Sharing information about our museum and science in WNC is vital to our mission
- After AMOS Training, remote support options available
*We are open to all sorts of skills and interests, even if you don’t see something listed you are passionate about please reach out and we will work with you!
For volunteer inquiries, questions or to inquire about additional opportunities in Education / Non-Profit please e-mail: email@example.com
Internships at AMOS