The following programs will be offered by our amazing AMOS Educators via Zoom or Kit for purchase for your classroom (wherever that may be). Each Zoom session will consist of a short demo, explanation, and quick hands on activity utilizing resources found around the home.
Kits include teacher instruction materials and all supplies necessary for a hands-on activity for 15-20 students.
Zoom sessions and kits are all aligned, and grade level appropriate, to the NC Standards Course of Study for Science and incorporate Next Generation Science Standards.
Price Point: Free
- Continue Ask A Scientist
- Weekly Newsletter (sign up here)
- Monthly Challenge to replace Daily Dose of Science
Price Point: $100
- One 45min Zoom session (or pre-recorded session) of Standard Based Instruction from our Standardized Lesson Choices (lesson includes discussion of content and a short demo or game where all can participate)
- One Supply Kit Activity box (for 15-20 students max), to include: instructional activity and supplies from our Standardized Lesson Choices
Price Point: $150
- One customized Zoom session (or pre-recorded session) of a topic of your choice; can include bringing on an “expert guest” to join the presentation
- One Outreach Program-outside programming; visit on location (outside) and includes individualized materials to complete activity
Price Point $250
- Mini-Curricular Units: two Zoom sessions and two supply kits for students; may choose from our Mini-Curricular Unit choices
Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!
K.P.2 Understand how objects are described based on their physical properties and how they are used.
K.L.1 Compare characteristics of animals that make them alike and different from other animals and nonliving things.
Rocky Roads: 1.E.2 Understand the physical properties of Earth materials that make them useful in different ways.
Weather Makers: 2.E.1 Understand patterns of weather and factors that affect weather
Forces in Flight: 3.P.1 Understand motion and factors that affect motion.
Rock Stars/Mineral Detectives: 4.P.2 Understand the composition and properties of matter before and after they undergo a change or interaction.
Circuit Workshop: 4.P.3.1 Recognize the basic forms of energy (light, sound, heat, electrical, and magnetic) as the ability to cause motion or create change.
Heat it Up!: 5.P.3 Explain how the properties of some materials change as a result of heating and cooling.
Genius Genetics: 5.L.3 Understand why organisms differ from or are similar to their parents based on the characteristics of the organism.
Mini-Curricular Kits are also available!
1st grade- Animal/Plant behaviors; Growth of Energy needs for living organisms
2nd/3rd grade- Properties of Matter; Energy Transfer
4th grade- Magnets, Electricity, and Light Energy
5th grade- Genetics and Ecosystems
To request a field trip or outreach program, please fill out the form below
*You will be contacted within 5-7 business days regarding your request.
*Once a date is confirmed, you will be emailed a confirmation, contract and full itinerary.
*Upon confirmation a 50% deposit and the signed contract is due.
Cancelling or Rescheduling a Field Trip or Outreach Program:
Need to Reschedule?
To reschedule a field trip, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include original schedule date and the proposed reschedule dates (3 options preferred). If we are unable to reschedule you, please refer to our Cancelation & Refund Policy (listed below).
Cancelation & Refund Policy
For 100% deposit refund, cancelations must be made at least within 30 days of scheduled date.
For 50% deposit refund, cancelations must be made at least 15 days within scheduled date.
No deposit refunds will be made within 14 days of scheduled visit date.
No refunds for less than $10.00 will be issued. All refunds for check payments will be in the form of a post mailed check.
Snow/Severe Weather/School Closure Exception
If visit cannot be rescheduled, full deposit refund will be issued in cases of severe weather and school closure event.