AMOS Science Birthday Parties
Have your next Birthday Party at the Asheville Museum of Science for a Science-Themed Birthday!
Need 2 week advanced reservation.
- Birthday parties include a 30 minute guided STEM lab activity, 30 minutes of games (we can provide games or you can add your own) and 1 hour for cake, Ice cream and presents. The room is yours for 2 hours, if you finish earlier, the schedule is up to you.
- Choose from these 3 themes, or help us come up with your own!
- Space Monkeys
- Rock Stars
- Mad Scientists
Your reservation fees include:
- 2 hour room rental is $225
- Room rental is $200 for members of the Asheville Museum of Science
- Birthday party fee includes admissions to the museum for 25 guests, either child (3 years of age and older) or adult (16 years of age and older). Your immediate family members (spouse and your children under the same household) are free and not counted in your 25 guest admissions. Children 2 years of age and younger are also admitted free and not counted as part of your 25 guests.
- Tables and chairs set up
- Access to the kitchen area- refrigerator, freezer and prep space
- Admission to the museum after the party for all guests, during normal business hours
Your reservation does not include plates, cups or cutlery – please plan accordingly.
To reserve the room:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (828) 254-7162 x 4
- Full-payment is required at the time of the reservation (we cannot “hold” your spot)
- Reservations may be made over the phone or in person at the museum (Monday-Saturday 10-5, Sunday 1-5) (we are open Fridays and Saturdays until 7pm during summer months)
- You will receive confirmation of your reservation, along with directions to the museum for your guests
- You may arrive 30 minutes prior to your designated reservation time to set the room up
- You are responsible for cleaning the room (tables, chairs, trash) after the party
- Please, do not tape anything to the walls – the paint peels easily with certain tapes
- A full refund will be issued if cancellation is made 2 weeks prior to the scheduled event
- 50% refunds will be given for cancellations less than two weeks out
- For inclement weather, rescheduling is an option
- Email email@example.com or call (828) 254-7162 x 4. Please call during business hours as a voicemail does not confirm a cancellation
- The museum does not have private or dedicated parking. There are two city garages nearby, Rankin Street and the Civic Center garage. Parking is free on Sundays.
Unaccompanied Child Form
If parents of children attending the birthday party are not staying in the Museum for the party, we will have them fill out a form in order to leave the child under the care of the host family while at the Museum (with 2 contact phone numbers, in case of emergency, allergies, etc. – basically an edited part of the camp form). Staff will ensure that children are accounted for by gathering these forms, and signing children out at the end of the party. If children arrive with adults other than their parents, they would also have to fill out the form before leaving the premises. All children must have a parent or guardian assigned to to pick them up or take them home at the end of the party. After a child is signed-out, families are welcome to stay and play.